Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dirt

Oh, how we love to play in the dirt. I think one of the best feelings is in the Springtime when you start tilling and preparing for gardens. The smell of fresh dirt is one of the best. We have sooo many flower beds up here in Richmond and we would love to fill them all with beautiful flowers for cutting and smelling and beauty. But considering our budget doesn't include buying thousands of flowers, we thought that we would try growing a few on our own. Kenya really good at filling the containers with potting soil and she even helps plant the seeds. Sometimes she gets a little too excited and puts 5 or 6 in one container instead of 2, but the more flowers the better right?


We would love to have Brig help us, but I am just not so brave as to let an 11 month old play in a bowl of dirt inside. He will get his dirt fill once the weather warms I am sure. This does not mean however that he doesn't get his fair share of having fun making messes.





No comments: