1) Kenya took matters into her own hands the other day. She found the Vaseline! Fun for Kenya, not so fun for me.
2) We escaped the cold for a weekend by journeying to St. George for cousin Ariana's baptism. What a special day for such a special girl. We love you Ariana!
3)Feeding the ducks at First Dam up Logan Canyon has been a favorite activity in the summer, why not in the middle of winter? We gave it a shot and found it to be even more entertaining. If you can stand the cold, you get to feed the ducks without getting attacked by the geese. The cold must subdue the geese, because usually they are squaking right in your face to get a piece of bread and I usually end up holding Kenya because I am afraid she will get pecked. Not so in the winter. We also had the pleasure of witnessing the "duck lady" come with her garbage bag full of bread. This lady seriously must have taken it upon herself to feed the ducks during the cold months when there are fewer crowds. She even had a duck whistle. Here is B Guy looking for fish.
8) To beat the winter, Brigham has become a full fledged thumb sucker. He loves that thing. I do love when he comes and sits on my lap, plops that thing in, plays with my hair, and cuddles for like 20 minutes...it is the greatest. Don't worry though, when we get outside he will be having so much fun that he will forget all about it.
Our other favorite is the hot tub at The Reserve. Kenya and Brigham loved to crawl out of the hot tub and grab snow to eat and watch melt. We don't even feel the cold one bit.
Spring will be in Richmond in only 2 months YEAH! We will continue to be creative and if you have any ideas please share!
5 comments:
Those pictures of Kenya in the vaseline are disgusting! I would have had a hard time being patient in that situation. Hilarious. And I can't believe little Brigham is already walking. Anne is a mad crawler but has no concept of walking yet. It makes for some really dirty tights.
They are growing too fast! He is walking? WoW! And I so feel your pain on the Vaseline, Carlie spread a stick of butter on my family room carpet last week. ♥ the updates and SPRING will be there soon!
WOW! Ali loves to stick her fingers in vaseline too, but luckily she has never gone that far. Not even close!!!
You guys are troopers. I love how active you are even though it is cold and there is snow.
I am also excited for spring and spring running!
Georgie got into the Vaseline about a month ago and decided to rub it through his hair like it was shampoo. He looked like a sick little grease baby, but luckily my mom had this trick up her sleeve: Quaker Rolled Oats. The oats are one of the only things that will soak up all the grease. Water and shampoo did nothing to take it away (Vaseline isn't water soluble, obviously), but after 2 sessions of oat rubbing almost all the grease was gone and we could just wash it to get all the oat remnants out. Now you know so when Brigham does it you will be prepared :).
Oh man I laughed so hard at Kenya in the vaseline! Although I'm sure it wouldn't have been as funny to me if I had to clean it up...
I love seeing pictures of your cute little family :)
Post a Comment