Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why do we all live so far away?

This is a picture of a few of my cousins on the Smith side. We got together, ate yummy food, talked about times past and present, chased kids, and celebrated the coming of more babies.

During my idyllic childhood I lived minutes away from a bunch of my cousins. I have so many fond memories with them...can you say swimming at Grandma Smith's like every day? I always thought that cousins were the best kind of friends because no matter what happens or where you go they will always be your friends, not to mention the fact that you could totally play with them on Sundays.

Now we are older and have families of our own. And still the bond is tight. It would just be so much more fun if we all lived a little closer. Don't cha think?

No comments: