So I went to the doctor on Wednesday, April 16th for a regular appointment at 3:30pm. The doctor checked me and found out that I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. Last time with Kenya when I measured those same numbers I delivered 4 days later. So I knew that it wouldn't be long. Well after the doctor I started contracting pretty regularly. Bean was in Bear Lake and I couldn't get a hold of him but at least I knew that he was on his way and probably driving through Logan Canyon. When he got back he found me and asked how I was feeling but then needed to go and talk to the plumber who was at our house. I wasn't feeling too anxious but I definitely knew that the baby was coming that night. Well, my water broke while Bean was talking to the plumber so I called him and said that we better go soon. My labor with Kenya was only 7 hours so I thought we better be safe and head to the hospital...we left about 30 min. later. We checked in at 7:00pm Brigham arrived at 11:16pm weighing 8lbs. 2 oz. (good thing he came 2 1/2 weeks early) and 20 inches long. I have to admit that even though this labor was faster, it was much more painful. Good thing being dilated to an 8 to delivery was only 25 minutes long; I was so ready to get the baby out of me that it only took pushing through one contraction (3 minutes of pushing) for him to arrive.
Well here he is. Safe and sound...

After delivery the nurse asked what "number" my pain was, I told her -10. She laughed but I was not kidding, after he was here, I felt absolutely no pain. I must have been having an adrenaline rush. Hence the smile. Pain must be relative...


Kenya gives kisses all the time and is only concerned when he cries. It is fun to have her "help", it goes from "thank you" to "oh, be soft, careful" to "okay, that's enough". When we ask her where her baby brother is, she still points to my stomach. We are trying to teach her that the new creature is her baby brother, hopefully she will make it out of the brainwashing.
What would we do without mom? She has been awesome: meals, love, laundry!
3 comments:
Your totally gonna laugh when I tell you this, but I was looking at your pictures and almost started to cry!! What the heck. I KNOW I don't want another baby anytime soon, but I think I just remember how happy it makes me when we bring a new life into the world. I miss that feeling.
Well, I LOVE little Brigham. He is adorable. And I can't wait for the girls to see him. We're working on his name. As of right now its... "baby big-am" LOL... we'll get better. I hope you feel good, and that everything is going smoothly with Kenya's "transition" into big sister. If you need anything... call me. (maybe I can mail it???) HAHA. Love you guys! Come visit as soon as you can.
Shelley
I am so late but I JUST heard the news last night!!! Why is the Betz family SO bad about spreading good news???!!!! Congrats Bean and Breanne, he is GORGEOUS! ♥ the name too. We are so happy for you all and ♥ your little family!! Can't wait to meet him when we get to Logan in June!!!
♥ Joel, Jess & kiddos
He is super cute, and Breanne you look awesome in all the pictures. You are so amazing!!! What lucky kids to have you as their mom. Hope we can see you in person soon- till then I will keep looking at this blog for updates!!!!
Post a Comment