Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kenya's First Birthday

Kenya's birthday was on New Years Day. I was planning on making a cake, singing Happy Birthday and letting Kenya make a complete mess eating her cake. My sister-in-law Shelley had a different idea about what Kenya's first birthday should be. She threw a princess party for her complete with princess crowns for all the girls, a pink boa, magic wands, balloons, cake, and some great pink decorations. She is so fun, glad she is in the family! Thanks Shelley!


Can't believe it has already been a year! I love this little girl so much. Some recent accomplishments of hers:

  • No longer walking everywhere, but running.

  • Says "Uh, oh" and knows what it means (like the time she tipped over the box of corn starch).

  • Gives "loves" to everything: dolls, balls, teddy bears, and especially her parents.

  • Loves going outside even when the temperature here in Cache Valley is 3 degrees.
  • Growing hair that is becoming unruly, mainly curls in the back, but so cute!

  • Always wants to wear her mom's shoes and she can even walk in them (I am amazed she doesn't fall on her face, I would)

3 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Yay! I am so glad you blog, Breanne. If only we could get Bill and Amy, and Sue and Johnny to blog! Now we can be better about keeping in touch. We just love you guys and Kenya is a DOLL!!! I'm glad we got to see you all this last week even though it was not of the best circumstances. Love you!

Jess (and Joel)

Sarah A said...

I love Kenya's clothes. You do a very good job dressing her. And I loved seeing the pictures of Garn's and Julie's kids!

Marcy said...

Thank you beautiful family, so refreshing to see so many happy faces while I'm at work; now I know where I can escape. Marcy