Sunday, September 16, 2012

August

Presenting August.

I think it was Marjorie Hinckley that said something about how you can choose to either laugh or cry through life.  That came to mind this day when I had just finished mopping the floor (just!) when someone knocked the flour bucket over!  Laugh or cry? Laugh or cry?  My advice is to take a picture and figure it out later.
 We took a trip up to Tony Grove Lake for a dinner picnic and to take our boat out.  Isaac wore his matching attire.
 We are getting a little cramped, but we still fit!  Amazingly, we didn't lose any children overboard.
Bean took Kenya on her special Daddy daughter date to the Olive Garden.  Her smile is as genuine as it gets.  I haven't seen her so giddy with excitement for a while.  Preparations include straightening her hair, mascara, lipstick, and wearing her scarf in 90 degree weather.  She wanted to be fancy.
 We made a trip to the Cache County Fair, just to ride the tractors.  Tradition.
 The produce from the garden came on.  I get giddy with excitement to make summer soup with ingredients all from the garden.



 The helpers.
Kenya kept asking me to take her on a run with me.  "Another time, Sweetie."  So, she took matters into her own hands and one day Kenya and Brigham informed me that they were "going for a run".  So off they went (Andy went too).  They ran up our road and back down, it probably took them 15 minutes running the whole way.  They came back breathing hard and had rosy cheeks.  It was an intense work out.
Please note Kenya's running outfit complete with an elastic on her shirt, Brigham's long sleeve shirt and jeans, and his fast running shoes.  Here they show me how strong their muscles are after running so far.
 The children helped me shuck some corn for dinner.  Brigham mostly just eats it right from the garden.
 Andy's hair is identical to by brother's (Cason) when he was little.
 Kenya inhaling the corn silk.  She thought it smelled SO good!  I have to admit it did smell really good.
"Brigham you have to smell this!"  I was laughing when I found a little pile of it in her room later because she wanted to save it.
 Isaac eats dirt and stuff to help out.
 The carrot harvest.
Isaac helps out by guarding our oversized yellow squash, we wouldn't want anyone to steal that beauty.  We actually have a huge pile of oversized squash and zucchini outside our front door.  I am still trying to figure out what to do with it, carve boats? Maybe we can carve squash instead of pumpkins this year?
 In preparation for the beginning of school we have a dinner where the kids are a queen and kings for a night.


Here's what we look like when we go on our bike excursions.  If you see us, wave, we are pretty hard to miss.
 First day of kindergarten for Kenya.  Front view.
Back view.  And just like that the school years begin. 
 I couldn't resist taking a picture of my mini-me.
 We enjoyed plenty of good food this month, like this cherry tomato with fresh basil treat.
 The kids thought it was hilarious how much I was enjoying this.  I probably ate 20 of them.
 Isaac enjoys the fresh food.
 The corn harvest.
Brigham helps out again.


 I found a monkey in the tree.
 Kenya poses with her corn pom poms.
 So many helpers!
 We produce kids and corn!
 Here we are bagging it to preserve in the freezer.
 Their help teaters on helpful vs. more work, but it is fun nonetheless.


Until we have to clean up.  It is okay though because we have our own little doggy to eat it off the floor.
 Brigham's first day of preschool.  He wanted to pose with the stick.
 Good luck, buddy.  Go fight those battles out there.
 For FHE we like to incorporate the blue string as much as possible.  Sometimes it has a treasure at the end of it.
 This night Brigham surprises the others with a popcorn treat.
Craving more of us?  Don't worry, September is in the making.

4 comments:

Chris and Steve said...

Love the update! We sure miss everyone. The kids are getting so big, can't believe how big Isaac is getting. The garden vegetables look amazing, we haven't had any good fruits or vegetables since we have been in Namibia. Love you guys!!!!

Chris and Steve said...

Love the update! We sure miss everyone. The kids are getting so big, can't believe how big Isaac is getting. The garden vegetables look amazing, we haven't had any good fruits or vegetables since we have been in Namibia. Love you guys!!!!

Julie said...

You just had to show off your boat didn't you?
We are so impressed with your garden!
I've seen a bike/stroller crew that looks a lot like your group. Oh, wait, it is us. Nothing like having a party to run with every time!
Can you help me with my blog layout? I want big pictures and they get cut off if I make the landscape photos XL. Your photos, well, your family, is gorgeous!

Jamie Hatch said...

I forgot this year what fun harvesting the garden is! It looks amazing! So many fun traditions, your kids are lucky to have you for a mom!