As I type, I am sitting here with my sweet little newborn boy on my chest. This is really the life. He came on December 12th and we are all in love! To sum the story up, my water broke at 4:30 am, we got to the hospital at 6, and he was born at 7:52. Everything went really smoothly and it was so fast! It is definitely a bonus for me to have it get easier with each babe. If only labor and delivery were the hardest part about parenting... 
Here we have the baby's second or third breath. I really like how things have evolved at Logan Regional in the past 5 years. The baby is hardly out of your arms. They now place him right on your tummy after birth and you get to gawk over your baby while they assess him. 
One of the moments when he was not in my arms was to see how much this big boy weighed.
This picture is sideways, but you get the idea. When we first looked at him, we both agreed that he didn't look like our other kids so much. But just give it a day, he is sooo our baby! You'll see in a second.
Right before taking this photo, the nurse made the comment that, "Dad was a pro." That is another perk, Bean and all of us know what we are doing a little better. It is moments like that where I realize, "This really will be okay." I am grateful that my work doesn't just keep mulyiplying, that we are all in this together, and that the work just gets more sperad out. It is a wonderful thing.The first meeting was pretty entertaining. Kenya seemed more curious about the hospital: buttons, wrist bands, the strange bed I was in. Andrew wanted to inspect all of baby's body parts and rub the baby's soft face, sometimes a little bit too much. And Brigham...
This was Brigham. He has always had a fondness for soft things, and his new little brother was no exception. He loved to rub his soft head and cuddle.
Andy joins in on the fun for a minute.
I have felt so much love from so many. Whether it was a text or phone call to check up on me and my family, babysitting help, meals, etc. Thank you all so much! My grandparents have been with us the last two days while Bean and I have been busy with the new little guy. They have been wonderful; my children have been in Heaven! They aren't going to like it when real life hits and they have to entertain themselves and work for their keep. In reality, I will be the one with the biggest adjustment. I have been completely spoiled.
Here we have more Brigham cuddles. He is such a sweet boy, so gentle and careful.
Our attempt at a picture with all the boys. This little guy fits right in!
Oh, he has a name, Isaac Mitchell Skinner. We have been contemplating Isaac for a while, but were really struggling with a middle name. So I commissioned my parents on a mission in South Africa to find a good middle name. I instantly loved Mitchell, which comes from their first area called Mitchell's Plain.










3 comments:
Your family is so adorable! Thanks for posting the pictures!
Oh, I am so happy for you Breanne. I can't believe you have four kids. You are an amazing mother, I can tell. I'm sure it will be a big adjustment, but things always get better with time:)
Wow! You really are amazing. What a beautiful baby boy... with a wonderful name too. Congrats on another miracle! What a fast labor... hope you're recovering well! You're superwoman.
Post a Comment